Thursday, March 10, 2016




Realization
“From good examples we learn how to be. From bad examples we learn how not to be. An observant and willing student can learn from any circumstance.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
I know I am not one to brag, but I don’t think this can be called “brag”. I was asked what my “special thing” was by someone. I was asked what one thing I was good at. It got me thinking, “Yeah, what am I good at?” I couldn’t even answer myself. But then one thing made me think that it may be that one thing I’m “good at”
I am not really someone good at everything, that is one thing I have realized recently, but it also made me think that I cannot be someone without something they’re good at. So I started searching what I really am good at. I started looking around, looking at people and seeing if what they’re doing right now is something they’re good at. I found some people who’re good at what they’re doing, as I expected, of course. But there are also some who needs improvement with their skills or dedication, at least, so that they could seem good at the thing they’re doing.
There are people in some industries that are really, I mean really good with their stuff, it’s like they’re one with it. It’s like it’s a part of them. For example, in the industry of show business, there’s Fernando Poe Jr, a great action star, there’s Dolphy, a great comedian. And there’s Herman Moreno “Kuya Germs”, these are people who can be counted as Icons of the Showbiz Industry.
But then there are even simple people who are good at their things even if they don’t get recognized because of them, like it’s somehow becoming their hobbies. There are chefs of our household, our mothers. There are architects of our own, our fathers. And there are also people who we don’t know but are still really pretty amazing, like students who write poems, articles, comics, fun facts, and headlines in our school newspaper.
There are many more people who are like them who are good at they’re things, like Chef Boy Logro who is a really great chef. And Jessica Soho, a great Anchor. Then there’s William Shakespeare, an Icon of all of writing’s history. And by the way Jose Rizal who is very relevant to our country’s history, and not just that, but he also has a lot of things he is good at. Have I mentioned that I really idolize him because of that? Now back to my issue. As I was saying, I had some difficulties regarding a question asked to me. To be honest I got so frustrated with that issue that I tried everything. I tried everything under the sun. But I can only do it half cooked, meaning, I really wasn’t good at it, I could do it, but not as good as those in the tutorials I watched.
I know this isn’t something that can qualify as a “hobby” but this is something I am good at. I just recently realized too that I am really good at it. I don’t judge, I don’t criticize, I don’t assume, I don’t just realize, I observe. Observation, now that isn’t something that is usually people are “good at” I am not saying that I am better that other people, but when I observe, I put puzzle pieces to places they’re supposed to be put, and not just look at them with a question mark in my head.
So I became frustrated with the thought that I have nothing which I am good at. The thought itself made me sad; it made me down, like awwww. But I didn’t give up, because if I did, I wouldn’t be able to write this, right? Of course, like duh. But as the saying goes, we learn from good examples what to do, and not to do from bad ones. And that an observant and willing student can learn any circumstance. And with that I realized, and I am really happy about this realization, that I too, have something I am good at. I realized when I observe how the world rotates around its orbit having people in it, it’s not so simple. I can say that people are so rotten for hurting Mother Nature, but it’s not like I’m not one of them, it’s really complicated.
But having “to observe” as something I am good at isn’t something that people should complicate. Everyone does this, they do so often that they don’t even realize they’re doing it. But I love the feeling that whenever I see something in another person’s perspective, it lessens my hatred to people who’re taking advantage of this world. I love it that when I observe the world in a different mind-set, it gives a different feel, like peace, or something like that.




Santiago, Franchesca Mayla Beatriz
BSE-English 2-1


No comments:

Post a Comment